Shoulder pain is very common amongst active people who like to exercise.
Many people know that chiropractors treat back pain and neck pain, but many don’t know that shoulders are very common issues that chiropractors have a lot of success with.
The shoulder is a very complicated area to treat because quality treatment relies on addressing everything that affects the shoulder.
This includes the thoracic spine, ribs, scapulae, rotator cuff and finally the ball and socket joint of the shoulder.
Many of our shoulder pain patients experience the following shoulder symptoms prior to seeking chiropractic care:
- Pain and tightness in the shoulder
- Reduced range of motion
- Pain with lifting overhead
- Stiffness and popping in the shoulder
- Shoulder pain with activity like golf, tennis or throwing
These symptoms can be from a wide variety of issues with the shoulder including:
- Rotator cuff injury
- Shoulder impingement
- Osteoarthritis of the shoulder
- Labral tear
Treatment For Shoulder Pain
Because everyone receives customized chiropractic care, treatment can be a little different for everyone but usually consists of some of the following:
- Chiropractic adjustments to the spine and extremities (like the shoulder)
- Manual therapy to decrease muscle tightness of the shoulder region and get it moving better
- A customized exercise plan to rehabilitate your shoulder and keep your shoulder pain from coming back.
Shoulder Pain With Exercise
Shoulder pain among active people is very common and Dr. Henry treats a lot of it. Many patients are frustrated because they feel their doctors don’t understand very much about their activity whether it’s CrossFit, weightlifting, tennis, or a golf related shoulder injury.
Fortunately, Dr. Henry regularly works with active people to get them back to their activity.
This is why he often combines a customized warm up, programming recommendations or just communicates with your coach/trainer to not only get your shoulder feeling better, but get you back to your active life!